of this scholarship program is to reward motivated and deserving high school students
from Hong Kong to pursue undergraduate studies in an accredited four-year
university/college in the United States. Selection will be
based on academic promise, financial need, documented perseverance in activities outside
the classroom, the quality of the personal statement and essay, personal
character such as honesty, good judgment, motivation, leadership and community
|To provide scholarships to financially needy graduates from Hong Kong high schools to study at accredited four-year US university/college to enhance their future economic prospects.|
2. To help at least one student with each $100,000 raised.
3. To insure Foundation will become self-supporting over time.
- Accepted for full-time enrollment in an accredited four-year US college/university
- Preference given to applicants with demonstrated educational motivation and leadership skills
- Intention to pursue a career in science, engineering or teaching
- Must be a Hong Kong high school graduate
|Obligations of Recipients|
enroll as full time student
- Must reside in university/college dormitory
- Must actively participate in extra curricular activities
- May be asked to write a short article for 'Words from Recipient'.
|Number of Scholarships Available: up to 2 each year|
- Funds will be distributed in both the recipient's name and the college/university and sent to recipient's US dormitory address.
|- Fully completed application must be received by the Foundation by April 15 of each year (Airmail may take up to 15 days and DHL/FedEx may take up to 5 days for delivery). It is your responsibility to make sure that your application package reach the Foundation by the April 15 deadline. More than a dozen well qualified applications were regrettably rejected the last few years due to missed deadline.
- Late or incomplete application will not be considered.
QUESTIONS? E-mail all questions to: firstname.lastname@example.org